Rwenzori Mountains National Park has a wide altitudinal range rising from about 1600 to 5109 metres above sea level. There are numerous ranges in the park, at the centre of which are six main mountains. These are Mt. Stanley (5109m), Mt. Speke (4890m), Mt. Baker (4843m), Mt. Emin (4798m), Mt. Gessi (4715m), Mt. Luigi di Savoia (4627m). On each of these mountains are several peaks;
1. The peaks on Mt. Stanley include Margherita (5109m), Alexandra (5091m) Albert (5087m), Elena (4968m),
Great Tooth (4953m), Savoia (4977m), Elizabeth (4929m), Philip (4919m), Kitasamba (4862m) and
2. The peaks on Mt. Speke include Vittorio Emanuele (4890m), Ensonga (4865m) and Johnston (4834m).
3. The peaks on Mt. Baker include Edward (4843m), Semper (4795m), Grauer rock (4484m) Moore (4624m)
and Wollaston (4627m).
4. The peaks on Mt. Emin are Umberto (4798m) and Kraepelin (4791m)
5. The peaks on Mt. Gessi are Iolanda (4715m) and Bottego (4699m)
6. Mt. Luigi di Savoia is the lowest of the six main mountains and has three main peaks; Sella (4626m),
Weismann (4620m) and Stairs (4545m).
Margherita peak (5,109 m) on Mt Stanley makes the Rwenzori Ranges the third highest mountain in Africa after Mt Kilimanjaro (5,895 m) and Mt Kenya (5,200 m).
Other groups of peaks outside the main six mountains include the Portal Peaks (4391m), Cagni and Kinyangoma, Rukenga and Rugendwara, Humphreys and Rwatamafuga. Details of all the peaks and their locations can be found in “Guide to the Ruwenzori” by Osmaston and Pasteur (1972).
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
+256 760 007433